At VPS, we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously and throughout our operations, we are committed to making sure all environmental issues have been considered.
Where possible we really endeavour to use materials that are fully recyclable, all our manufactured waste is disposed of responsibly, and making sure the recyclable loop is maintained.
To assist in recycling VPS frequently use battery manufacturers packing to package battery products.
VPS is committed to act responsibly in the use of natural resources through efficiencies in our manufacturing processes and we proactively work with our customers ensuring that they are kept up to date with environmental laws and restriction.
In particular look out for this symbol:
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol shown. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005 and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- Our waste License number is
- The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
- Both Value Power Systems and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
- Value Power will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I recycle my old products?
1. When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
2. Value Power Systems offers a free disposal & recycling service to all customers purchasing sealed Lead-Acid batteries online.
3. If required you can add disposal of your old batteries by adding to basket - the return freight is per carton up to a maximum individual weight of 30Kg (due to health and safety) if required you can add more during the checkout process. When you have changed your batteries and packed them simply call us quoting your 6 digit receipt number and Parcelforce will bring all necessary labels.
4. Under the Waste Battery regulations, we are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person (please do not post). Alternatively, you can find your local recycling facility by visiting www.recyclenow.co.uk
You can purchase RBC battery disposal here
Our service conforms with the following standards:
- Environment Agency Waste Management Licence for the treatment and transfer of waste batteries
- Waste Carriers Registration Certificate
- Goods Vehicle Operator's Licence